After news of Rui Faria’s departure from under Mourinho’s wing, there has been a lot of talk of who could succeed the Portuguese.
At first, the Manchester United manager said that he will establish a coaching staff that resolve around not having an assistant manager, but perhaps he had a change of heart.
Mourinho made it clear in a recent press conference that he indeed will have a No.2 next to him and it will be someone he’s worked with before but refused to say any names.
He said: “It’s a person coming who worked with me before but I can’t say the name because he’s still linked to another club.”
The possible candidates are:
- Steve Clarke (Current Kilmarnock manager)
- Avram Grant (Current NorthEast United manager)
- Giuseppe Baresi (Current assistant manager at Inter Milan)
- Steve Holland (Current assistant manager for the England national team)
- Aitor Karanka (Current Nottingham Forest manager)
There have also been talks in the media about Javier Zanetti being included as a member of Mourinho’s first team coaching staff.